Monday, January 7, 2008

Welcome to the MMW Game Show Blog!

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to the MMW Game Show Blog! In this blog, I will post information about the game show projects I'm working on; the progress I've made toward getting them produced; and my comments and opinions about game shows I've watched, past and present. If you're interested in seeing any of the games that I've produced for "BuckeyeTV", Ohio State University's student TV station; you can find the scheduled listing in the "About Me" section of this blog. Please feel free to let me know what you think, as I am always looking for feedback. You may also respond to my opinions about the game shows I discuss throughout this blog, if you wish. In the meantime...thanks for visiting, and please join us again on The MMW Game Show Blog! Bye-bye!

1 comment:

Bizzy said...

I really enjoy your own individual idea of what to create for your blog. It's really interesting to me as an artist, making my blog all about my art and how I would like to become an artist, to see someone else's wishes of being, in this case, a game show host! I really liked the tone of the blogas well, its very "uppity" if you will, making that connection well read of what a game show host would sound like (with your use of exclamation marks)! The link to your shows on bickeyetv is excellent. Maybe once we learn more you could figure out a way to load clips of your shows so that they would be more accessible to the viewer. I also really enjoyed how you started off blogging. You introduce yourself and your concepts of game shows with a 2 of 3 part philosophy of the matter! Its very captivating to see the strategies and ethics involved with things as mentioned such as "Rewards" and "risks". They were points I had never even thought of that really conveyed that you knew what you were talking about with this whole host thing!

The photograph of you at the top definitely makes you appear to be a sharp game show host, so the picture was a great choice. I like the green background because it reminds me of money and greed but when I think of game shows, I tend to think of flashy. You could go either way though because they both work- I also realize we haven't learned too much in depth on how to really change the background.
This blog does work for me because he actually has something to say about the subject. Its hard to think of things to say about a certain subject unless you have a passion for it, which he does. I don't know if I would ever particularly go searching for a game host blog, but if I ever came across it, I would definately stop by and read it!

I think the implications for this blog were meant to perhaps start off a resume or simply just be a daily journal to keep on his goal. I don't know how it necessarily relates to art in this case- there were color choices and placement/composition choices, but really the only art form I see is self expression.